10 Books that Change My Life

 Breath By James Nestor


 

I've told so many of my friends about this book that they're sick of hearing about it, except for those who have read it and are now telling their friends about it. It's ironic, though, that reading Breath caused me to close my mouth, at least for breathing. Yes, the key tenet is that we should breathe through our nostrils again. The research is compelling, and the outcome was less asthma and a better night's sleep, at least for me. It's fantastic.

Atomic Habits By James Clear 

 


If you do the above and want to change the behavior like: For example, if you want to go to bed early, read this book. It's about changing your behavior. Developing good habits is obvious, easy, and rewarding. You have to read the book to break bad habits. (For reference, I got this book thanks to my morning training. I took off my training clothes every night before going to bed.)

Deep Work By Cal Newport


 

This book dramatically changed the way I work, and without it, I would never have been able to finish a book, let alone a variety of other projects.

Man Search For Meaning By Viktor Frankl


 

I think this is the most powerful book I've ever read. Ever. It profoundly changed my perspective of and appreciation for the ultimate freedom we have: the ability to choose how we respond in any given scenario.

The Power of Habit By Charles Duhigg


 

The Power Of Habit explains why habits are at the heart of everything you do, how to change them, and the consequences of doing so on your life, career, and society.

Stumbling Upon Happiness By  Daniel Gilbert

 


"Stumbling on Happiness" is a terrific book that will challenge your most cherished beliefs about how your mind works. Gilbert is an endlessly entertaining tour to some of the most fascinating psychological research ever conducted.

The Color Purple By  Alice Walker


 

Connection to the Theme: The concept of "The Color Purple" is to never give up and to never give in. Celie was separated from her sister, Nettie, the person she loved the most at the start of the novel, but she remained strong and eagerly awaited a letter from her sister.

The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us By Daniel H. Pink 


 

Pink never fails to wow, but this is his all-time favorite. Pink uses the self-determination theory of psychologists Richard Ryan and Edward Deci to eloquently express what keeps us driven.

 

And having a sense of autonomy, always improving — meaning mastery — and aligning with our mission are all examples of this.

Utopia for Realists By Rutgers Bregman


 

I bought this book because of the title, and it did not disappoint.

Bregman is one of the most daring and original thinkers alive, and he has a knack for taking apparently implausible woo and proving its validity.

 

On my shelves is his latest book Humankind, which is really easy to read.

Middlemarch By George Eliot



The book demonstrates that we can't exist without other people and that we can't live with them unless we acknowledge our own shortcomings and foibles. And every one of us contributes to a better world by fulfilling our responsibilities to others and remaining humble about our own significance in the big scheme of things.

Post a Comment

0 Comments